Before you ride
Things to keep in mind
- The more intensely you ride, the more attention you should give to the proper function of the bike.
- E-bikes experience more wear and tear than regular bikes because of their weight and higher speeds.
- Ride responsibly.
Important safety instructions to follow and things to know before you ride
Be aware that your Zooz will need maintenance and upkeep periodically. It is recommended to check all bolts and test all mechanical components before each ride. It is the rider's responsibility to make sure that their bike is well maintained and safe to ride. Routine maintenance, tests, and tune-ups should be performed on a regular basis to ensure proper function and saftey.
The more intensely you ride, the more attention you should give to the proper function of the bike.
E-bikes experience more wear and tear than regular bikes because of their weight and higher speeds.
Ride responsibly and within your limits.
- A properly fitting ANSI, SNELL, CE, or similarly approved bicycle safety helmet should be worn at all times when riding your bicycle or as recommended per your local laws.
- Always wear a properly-fitted helmet that covers the forehead when riding a bicycle.
- Many states require specific safety devices. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with the laws of the state where you ride and to comply with all applicable laws, including properly equipping yourself and your bike as the law requires.
- Reflectors are important safety devices designed as an integral part of your bicycle.
- Federal regulations require every bicycle to be equipped with front, rear, wheel, pedal reflectors, and/or lights. These reflectors are designed to pick up and reflect street lights and car lights in a way that helps you to be seen and recognized as a moving bicyclist.
- Check reflectors and their mounting brackets regularly to ensure they are clean, straight, unbroken, and securely mounted.
- No liability or warranty shall be accepted if the use of the ZOOZ Bikes electric bicycle deviates from this intended use, if safety instructions are not observed, in the event of overloading, or if faults are not properly rectified.
- Similarly, no liability and warranty shall be accepted in the case of assembly errors, willful intent, accidents, and/or if care and maintenance specifications are not followed.
- Any modification or alterations to the electrical system (tuning) voids all claims under warranty and guarantees.
- Your ZOOZ Bikes electric bicycle is designed for use on paved paths only. You should, therefore, never ride on stairs, jump or perform wheelies or similar activities.
- ZOOZ Bikes’ electric bicycles are not approved for participation in competitions. Commercial use does not form part of the intended use.
- Operation parameters, maintenance, guidelines, and service instructions described in this manual are part of the intended use.
- Do not allow children to ride the bike if damage has occurred until it has been restored to its original condition.
- Although ZOOZ Bikes have water-resistant wiring connectors, excessive water and weather can damage electrical components. Limit riding and exposure in wet environments.